The equestrian centre is situated between the national forest and the new residential quarter structured along a grand north-south axis whose trace follows the path of an old forest lane. The project is conceived around a central equestrian lane conceived as the veritable “heart” of the centre and located perpendicular to the north-south axis.
This mall becomes the interface between two very heterogeneous landscaping systems:
- to the south, a wide “void”, lawns lined with trees and where one finds the exercising open spaces which create a transition between the residential quarter and the “buildings” of the equestrian centre.
- to the north and perpendicular to the forest the equestrian buildings are set as three distinct volumes with a landscaping treatment in extension of the “forest”
We thus allow the forest to penetrate and virtually extend inside the equestrian centre going as far as “overtaking” the buildings.
- LOCATION : Bois d’Arcy (78)
- CLIENT : Agence Foncière et Technique de la Région Parisienne
- DESIGN TEAM : B+C Architectes
- BRIEF : Horse training center - substainable approach
- AREA : 3 300 m² buiding et 13 950 m² outside spaces
- TOTAL COST : 3 M€